ESSENTIAL SLIP-STOP is a permanent anti-slip treatment that uses mild acid solutions to microscopically treat ceramics, porcelain and natural stone to greatly improve slip resistance on wet floor areas.
For instance, it can be used on ceramic, porcelain & natural stone floors & showers and importantly, improves slip resistance on wet floors, providing long-term slip or fall accident protection. However, be aware that it is not suitable for use on vinyl, linoleum, wood, metal or coated surfaces.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Firstly, remove any loose debris from the work surface and ensure you have adequate personal protection, i.e gloves, suitable protective eye-wear, face mask & clothing.
- We always recommend performing a small test application in an inconspicuous area prior to use. This will indicate the suitability and effectiveness of the product for your surface.
- Importantly, make sure the surface is free from dirt, grease and oil before you start.
- Essential Slip-Stop needs to be applied in small sections. A mop, sponge or dry cloth are most commonly used. The wet surface needs to be agitated with a stiff brush and left to stand for 3 – 10 minutes. Most importantly, DO NOT LET THE PRODUCT DRY ON THE SURFACE.
- Subsequently, rinse clean with water when each area is completed and then move onto the next area to be treated. Maximum slip-resistance is attained within 3 – 10 minutes. This time will depend on how hard the surface material is. Bear in mind that you can always reapply if necessary.
- Dwell time: 3 – 10 mins for ceramic or porcelain tiles, shower trays & baths.
- Dwell time: 5 – 10 mins for natural stone & masonry. Certainly, a test patch must be completed prior to use to determine the dwell time required, as the above times can only be a guide.
Importantly, please note:
Always protect areas not to be treated, as Essential Slip-Stop can cause permanent damage if accidentally spilt or applied to sensitive surfaces, such as metals, painted surfaces, woods, glazed surfaces etc.
When properly applied and maintained, treated floors will have a slip coefficient exceeding slip-fall safety standards. We will not accept any responsibility for misuse of this product.
Up to 15 m² per litre. Above all, this product must be used neat and not diluted.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN & PETS
H314: Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
P102: Keep out of reach of children.
P264: Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
P280: Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
P305+351+338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P321: Specific treatment (see instructions on this label).
P405: Store locked up.