PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE NATURAL SLATE SEALER
ESSENTIAL SLATE SEALER COLOUR BOOST is a high-performance stone sealer formulated especially for natural slate surfaces. Likewise, it is also suitable for other porous natural stone such as sandstone (*exceptions apply) and limestone. Our powerful, yet eco-friendly sealer offers high-quality stain protection whilst the Colour Boost formula delicately enhances natural colours & appearance. Moreover, it can be applied to external or internal surfaces.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Remove any loose debris from the work surface before you start work and ensure you have adequate personal protection, i.e gloves, suitable protective eye-wear, face mask & clothing.
- Importantly, the surface must be completely clean and dry before application. In the same vein, make sure weather conditions are favourable before commencing.
- The first coat of Essential Slate Sealer Colour Boost can be applied with a low-pressure sprayer, roller, natural fibre brush or sponge. Above all, do not dilute the product!
- Make sure that any excess sealer is completely removed from the slate surface after 20 to 30 minutes.
- A second application is to be applied 45 to 60 minutes later, for best results.
- Above all, it is important that the stone surface is kept completely dry throughout the curing process, which can take up to 72 hours. If not, unsightly white patches can appear which would be due to the sealer drying inconsistently.
Please Note: The colour and/or appearance of the stone will be changed when this product is applied. Therefore, always try the product in an inconspicuous area prior to use. Any surfaces which are not to be sealed can be protected with masking material.
*Please note this product is not suitable for Kandla Grey (mid & light grey) sandstone.
Subsequently, sealed areas can be cleaned with a mild, ph neutral cleaner or a very low concentration of our outdoor cleaner range. Do not use harsh or abrasive cleaning agents as this can have a negative effect on the treated surface. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON NON-POROUS SURFACES.
– Up to 15m²/per litre per coat.
– Coverage will vary depending on the type of surface application.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
H302: Harmful if swallowed.
H315: Causes skin irritation.
H319: Causes serious eye irritation.
P102: Keep out of reach of children.
P262: Do not get in eyes, on the skin, or on clothing.
P280: Wear protective gloves.
P301+330+331: IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
P302+350: IF ON SKIN: Gently wash with plenty of soap and water.
P305+351+338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P309+311: IF exposed or if you feel unwell: Call a POISON CENTRE or doctor.
P332+313: If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice.
P337+313: If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice.