Essential Roof Cleaner is a professional outdoor roofing cleaner. Apply it to the roof area and without mechanical agitation, it will eliminate grime, moss, algae & lichen from your roofing.
Essential Roof Cleaner is an alkaline based solution for a less aggressive impact.
ESSENTIAL ROOF CLEANER is acid-free – many rival cleaning products will work on your roofing surfaces, but lots of the “power” or “pro” formulas can be formulated with corrosive acids that can etch and damage the concrete or natural stone surface. Rejuvenate the appearance of your roof with ESSENTIAL ROOF CLEANER.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Before use: remove any loose debris from the work area, and ensure you have adequate personal protection, i.e gloves, suitable protective eye-wear, face mask & clothing.
- Essential Roof Cleaner is to be used neat or diluted up to 1:4 with clean water – always perform a small test area to determine suitable dilution rate and dwell time. Carefully transfer the cleaning fluid from the bottle to a sprayer or watering can. If these containers are not available then cleaning fluid can be used directly from the bucket. Apply generously.
- The cleaning fluid needs to be left on the surface for at least one hour, during that time the surface must not be allowed to dry out. If necessary mist with additional cleaning fluid or with clean water to prevent the roof from drying.
Wash down with clean water
- After at least one hour dwell time, the treated area can be washed down with clean water first to neutralise the cleaner before then power washing off for perfect results. Please note the cleaning fluid can harm or possibly kill vegetation so try to avoid washing off onto garden or lawn grass. If this unavoidable then rinse with plenty of clean water to dilute the cleaner.
- For badly contaminated surfaces with heavy moss and algae deposits, we recommend that you apply neat, leave to work then pressure wash it off. In areas of light soiling, it is best to apply a 1:4 mix of Essential Roof Cleaner & fresh water. Leave it to dwell up to 4 hours then wash off as before.
- To achieve perfect results on aged, stubborn black/white lichen spots, test a small area to ascertain the exact dwell time necessary to remove the lichen/moss/marks – then follow the instructions above. In that case, two – three applications may be needed.
Please Note: Essential Roof Cleaner contains a chlorine type agent as an active ingredient and will stain fabrics and sensitive materials. Take special care to avoid contact with fabrics & tarmac during application. The fluid can cause slight lightening of some surfaces – always try the product in an inconspicuous area prior to use to ensure suitability.
– Up to 50m² per 5L when diluted 1:1.
– Coverage areas will vary depending on surface contamination.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
EUH031: Contact with acids liberates toxic gas.
H302: Harmful if swallowed.
H314: Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
H400: Very toxic to aquatic life.
P102: Keep out of reach of children.
P260: Do not breathe mist, vapours or spray.
P262: Do not get in eyes, on the skin, or on clothing.
P264: Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P273: Avoid release to the environment.
P280: Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
P301+330+331: IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth and do NOT induce vomiting.
P305+351+338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P321: Specific treatment (see instructions on this label).
P333+313: If skin irritation or rash occurs, get medical advice/attention.