There are many elements around a property that can be enhanced with natural stone. This includes everywhere from patios and driveways to exterior walls and, of course, interior elements too. Natural stone is undeniably beautiful but it needs to be cared for properly. To clean natural stone takes patience and care to make it look in pristine condition. A natural stone floor cleaner can help to improve the look of natural stone flooring. Moreover, we will also take a look at some of the different ways you can enhance your home with natural stone. We can also help to advise you on how to purchase the right natural stone cleaner for your property.
Common mistakes to avoid when cleaning natural stone
There is no reason why a natural stone patio cannot last for decades with the right level of care. You are not going to need to put a lot of effort in to clean the natural stone either. However, the issue is that a lot of people do not clean their patios properly, and so they end up causing damage to the stone. The last thing you want to do is ruin your natural stone, causing damage that cannot be reversed. However, this could occur if you use chemicals on your floor that you should not.
You do not have to worry about this when purchasing natural stone cleaning products from our website, as all of our cleaners have been designed for use with natural stone specifically. Plus, we will provide you with the instructions you need on how to use the product properly. Nevertheless, let’s take a look at some of the most common mistakes people tend to make when cleaning natural stone:
- Failing to seal the stone – It does not matter whether you have limestone, travertine, slate, or any other sort of natural stone, you need to make sure that you treat it with the same care that you would if you had a natural stone floor inside of your house or a natural stone countertop. This means that it is imperative to seal your patio frequently for optimal protection against stains and etching. You only need to purchase a stone sealer and you will be able to seal natural stone with ease, whether this is for a stone that is inside or outside of your property. If you are not sure regarding how to use a natural stone sealer, make sure you sweep the patio first so that you can get rid of the debris. Once you have done this, you simply need to apply the sealer to the stone. It is a good idea to do this in small three-foot sections. Once you have done so, buff it into the stone right away with a clean cloth until you have a surface that is dry.
- Using a household cleaner on your natural stone patio – This is another mistake that people tend to make when they are cleaning natural stone outside of their home. You should never use harsh, abrasive, or acidic household cleaning products in order to clean natural stone. The reason for this is because they can damage the stone’s surface and lead to etching, gazing, and even pitting. As mentioned earlier, if you do not clean your natural stone surface in the correct manner and you use products that you should not, you can end up with damage that cannot be revered. This is especially the case when you use household cleaning products instead of a natural stone floor cleaner.
- Not sweeping on a regular basis – Aside from the two mistakes that have been discussed, another error people tend to make is not sweeping the floors regularly. If you have a stone floor, make sure you sweep up any debris, such as sticks and leaves. When leaves decompose, they will leave biological stains on the stone. Plus, sand, rocks, and other small bits of debris can cause damage to the stone’s surface over time by causing small scratches. You may think that little things like this are not going to make a difference but you would be surprised.
- Using the wrong treatment for mildew, mould, and moss – This is another mistake that a lot of people tend to make when it comes to cleaning natural stone. After all, stone is not immune to biological stains nor is it immune to the growth of moss, mould, mildew, and lichen. This issue may be particularly noticeable in areas with a lot of shade. Do not use just any product for removing stains and killing mildew, mould, and moss. You need to make sure that you choose natural stone cleaning products that have been designed specifically for this. This is because harsh chemicals that are acidic or abrasive can end up causing damage to the stone. This is the last thing you want to happen. Luckily, it is not something you are going to need to worry about when you purchase a natural stone cleaner from your website. We have cleaning products for all scenarios.
- Not cleaning spills – Last but not least, another mistake that people tend to make when it comes to cleaning their patio is not cleaning spills at all. If you cook on your patio, for example, you need to make sure you clean up grease and any other spills you make immediately. This includes any drippings on the natural stone patio from the grill. To lift the spill, use a cleaner that has been designed for natural stone and make sure it does not seep into the stone’s surface and cause a stain.
Shop our website today for natural stone cleaning products
If you are searching for the best natural stone cleaner for your home, you have definitely come to the right place. At StoneCare4U, we have a wide range of natural stone floor cleaner products available. All you need to do is add the products you would like to purchase to your basket and follow the easy checkout process. However, if you have any questions about the natural stone cleaning products that we have for sale, please do not hesitate to give us a call today for more information.