De-Icers For Paths, Patios & Driveways
At StoneCare4U, we understand that the harsh winter months can be cruel to your exterior. Whether it’s snow smothering your driveway or slippery ice forming on your patio, we’ve got the perfect de-icers to help you remedy the problem. Our de-icers work quicker and are more eco-friendly than de-icing salt that has been used for many years. Ice melt salt can be corrosive so using an eco-friendly alternative is now the preferred option for most homeowners.
When To Use De-Icers
De-icers are typically only used during the colder months when your driveway, patio or other walkable surfaces around your home are covered in snow or being affected by slippery ice formations. Snow makes it difficult for you to get your car out onto the road. Ice can also be dangerous since it drastically increases the chances that you’re going to fall. De-icers can be used on your patio if you fear that the buildup of snow is getting dangerously high. Too much ice can end up blocking the back door to your home, hence the importance of using de-icers. Ice-melt salt can be corrosive and damaging to cars and sealed driveways and patios so it’s best to avoid using it if possible.
What Makes StoneCare4U’s Essential De-Icer Different?
Our de-icers are designed specifically to be easy-to-use and safe for the environment, unlike the frequently used ice-melt salt or de-icing salt as it’s often called. It contains no rock salt so it won’t damage surfaces and it’s not made with toxic ingredients. It’s safe to use in your home, in car parks and even public areas. It’s safe to touch when you apply it and doesn’t damage your lawn.
The Essential De-Icer from StoneCare4U is in small granule form. This allows it to immediately get to work and it doesn’t leave behind large chunks of rock salt. It can last up to 48 hours and be re-applied at any time due to how effective it is compared to rock salt. In fact, roughly 1kg of our Essential De-Icer does the same amount of work as 5kg of rock salt. It’s cleaner, far more cost-effective than traditional de-icers and a fantastic alternative for clearing snow and ice safely and quickly. When applied, it instantly starts to cut through both ice and snow to reveal the surface below.
Our product is used extensively by airports, rail operators, car parks, local authorities and countless facilities management companies. It’s one of the most reputable, effective, trusted and affordable de-icing solutions available on the market.
How To Use De-Icers
In most cases, you’re going to be using an ice melt salt. This will melt away the snow and ice, leaving just your stone surfaces or patio. StoneCare4U has developed an Essential De-Icer which is an eco-friendly alternative to ice melt salts. Its primary purpose is to act as a salt-free and effective alternative to typical de-icing salts. Our de-icers are cleaner, more cost-effective for clearing snow and ice and works just as well in the rain.
Simple Steps To Follow
To show you just how easy it is to use our Essential De-Icer, here are 5 steps to follow:
- Remove as much snow as possible using a shovel. Simply shovel it out of the way and pile it up somewhere that won’t get in the way. The reason for this is to get as much of the snow out of the way as possible so that the de-icing salt is more effective. You don’t have to get all of the snow off, but do try to reduce it down to just one or two inches for maximum effectiveness.
- Next, open a tub of our de-icers and scatter one cup of it across the surface that you want to de-ice. At this point, it should start to immediately cut through the snow and ice and leave behind your stone surface.
- Make sure you don’t scatter it across surfaces that you don’t intend to melt. For example, don’t sprinkle it over your lawn and avoid putting it near your pets or children.
- For any snow left behind, use a shovel to loosen it and remove it.
- Our Essential De-Icer can be left on the surface for a couple of days to improve traction and continue to melt away any ice that forms or snow that falls.
Safe To Use
With these simple tips, you should have a general idea of how easy it is to use our specially-designed de-icers. It’s also safe to use and will not cause any long-term harm to any animals or children that come in contact with it. Of course, you should still be cautious and make sure that you don’t sprinkle it around your pets or kids.
Tips For Effective Usage Of Our De-Icers
If you’ve never used a de-icer before then there are a couple of ways to ensure that you get fantastic results every time and make the most out of your tub. Since our product comes in much smaller granules than typical rock salt, it’s far more cost-effective but must be used correctly for maximum effectiveness.
- Use it sparingly! Our de-icers are incredibly potent at melting ice and snow so make sure you’re careful with how much you use. Simply scattering a handful of it over snow and ice will immediately start to melt it and make way for your driveway, sidewalk or patio.
- Apply it early in the day. If you’ve just woken up and the snow and ice have covered your driveway, make it a habit to get out there early and sprinkle our de-icer over the area as soon as possible. This will kickstart the melting process which makes it easier to manage before you drive off.
- Shovel as much snow off as possible. If there’s a serious buildup of snow then the de-icer can still work but takes much longer to melt down to the surface of your driveway or patio. As such, you’ll want to shovel off as much of the snow as possible so that the de-icer can work quickly.
- Check the results after a few minutes. If there doesn’t seem to be much effect after a few minutes, then you may have used too little or the snow might be too thick for our de-icer to cut through it. You may need to shovel off more snow or apply more product in this case.
Get In Touch With Us
Why not try the new alternative to de-icing salt? If you’d like to learn more about our de-icers or are interested in a sample, please don’t hesitate to contact us via phone, email or with our online contact form.